ARMSTRONGS GARDEN MACHINERY lTD
We stock a wide range of high quality garden machinery & equipment
Armstrongs Garden Machinery is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people. Whether it be by visiting our website or contacting us by email, telephone or post or by visiting our showroom in person. It explains how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Wallace Lane, Forton, Preston, PR3 0BB.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Armstrongs Garden Machinery is the controller and is responsible for your personal data. We are classed under the GDPR regulations as a data controller. That means we decide how your personal data that we receive is processed and for what purposes.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you use our contact form. Or by corresponding with us by post, phone or email. We also collect information when you visit our premises to make purchases of goods and spare parts or request us to undertake servicing and repair work on your machinery.
What personal information we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect:
• Identity – first name, last name, title
• Contact – address, email address, telephone numbers
• Transaction – details about purchases, payments to and from you, details of the services and purchases you have used or purchased
• Technical - when you interact with our website we may automatically collect technical data such as IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How is your information used?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Purposes for which we will use your information
Who has access to your information?
Armstrongs Garden Machinery has access for the purposes and activities listed above.
· We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
· We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
External Third Parties: We may pass your information to our third party service providers based in the UK and EU who provide warranty/after sales service (for example registering new machinery with Honda, Stihl, Atco or Stiga in order to enable a warranty)
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the required service/warranty and they should not use any details for their own direct marketing purposes (unless you have given them permission to do so separately).
We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or re-organisation.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We limit access to your personal data to employees and a small number of third party service providers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. Please contact us with any changes or updates that need to be made. You can let us know by email, letter or telephone: email@example.com or by writing to us at Wallace Lane, Forton, Preston, PR3 0BB. Telephone: 01524 791360
Use of 'cookies'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. We do not process anyones data aged under 16 without their parents/guardians explicit permission. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your Legal Rights
You have the legal right to:
· Request access to your personal data
· Request correction to the personal data we hold about you.
· Request erasure of your personal data (unless this is not possible for a legal reason, which will be notified to you at the time of your request)
· Restrict processing – you can request restriction or suppression of your personal data (unless this is not possible for a legal reason, which will be notified to you at the time of your request)
· Request data transfer – you can obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
· Object – you can withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data.
How to make a complaint?
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at Armstrongs Garden Machinery Ltd, Wallace Lane, Forton, Preston, PR3 0BB or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can telephone 01524 791360.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Review of this Policy
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.